Holistic Nutrition Consulting Services
Take control of your health through nutrition and lifestyle!
Food is fundamental to life and health. Every cell in our body is built from and runs on the food and drink we consume. Our diet is the most powerful determinant of our overall health and wellness – it can be our best ally or our worst enemy. While genetics play a role in our susceptibility or predisposition to dis-ease, it is environment and lifestyle factors (nutrition, stress, sleep, relaxation, physical activity, toxic load) that “flip the switch.” We are not doomed to suffer from the same health fates as our family members or society – there are many things we can do!
If you are tired of dealing with hormonal issues, fatigue, weight struggles, and anxiety and have gotten no relief from allopathic or conventional approaches you need a holistic, whole-body approach to target the root cause.
As a nutrition consultant I help people of all ages achieve optimal health by educating and empowering them so they can go from surviving to thriving. Being Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® enables me to serve you with the best, most current research and advanced nutritional science. When working one-on-one with me we will develop a personalized program that will tackle the root cause of your symptoms to improve your health, vitality, and help your reach your goals. Using a functional medicine framework I will help you identify the likely root cause(s) of your health concerns by a thorough review of your health history including environmental stresses, family history, diet, stress and emotional health. Together, we will co-create a wellness vision and plan to bring your body back into balance. You will learn how to take control of your health through nutrition and lifestyle.
My specialties include: hormonal balancing; peri-menopause and menopause support; hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis; blood sugar imbalances/insulin resistance; adrenal fatigue or insufficiency and the stress response; and digestive concerns.
WORKING WITH ME IS FOR YOU IF…
- You suffer from hormonal imbalances or challenges (you do not have to suffer through perimenopause and menopause symptoms!).
- You have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism or Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and are still struggling with symptoms and stubborn weight gain despite being on medication and having lab values within the normal range.
- You suffer from stress or anxiety and want non-medication based strategies and options to help support your mind and body (your gut microbiome has a direct impact on your mood!).
- You suffer from heartburn, gas, bloating, GERD, IBS or any other digestive complaint (there’s a LOT we can do around how you eat to help these conditions!).
- You are sick and tired of being so darn tired and want to increase your energy.
- You are ready to take a look at your current diet and lifestyle habits and commit to your health and make small changes that will give you BIG results.
WORKING WITH ME IS NOT FOR YOU IF…
- You are looking for a quick fix. I don’t sell or promote prepackaged meals, meal replacement shakes, bars, or magic pills/supplements. Everything we do will be based on whole, real foods and lifestyle modifications.
- You are not ready to analyze your current diet and lifestyle and implement changes or grow out of your comfort zone. Change can be a bit uncomfortable. If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
Nourish To Flourish Strategy Session (20 min)
In this complimentary 20 minute consult (phone, Zoom or FaceTime) we will discuss your health concerns and goals. I will suggest areas that may need to be addressed and answer questions you have about working with me and how I can support and help you. I view our work together as a partnership, where we will co-create a wellness vision and plan to help you achieve your goals. This strategy session can help you determine your readiness for change, and if we are a good fit before committing to any programs with me.
Personalized Nutrition and Lifestyle Consulting
Committing to a coaching package is a commitment and investment in yourself, and your health and personal growth. Growth, development and habit changes take time. That is why coaching packages include multiple sessions over a couple of months, typically held bi-weekly. You will get the ongoing support you need to achieve your goals!
Individual Coaching Session (60min)
Have you completed a 3 or 6 month coaching program and have a few more goals you want to tackle? Or maybe you’re looking to have a food log assessed, or just need an accountability check-in? These individual 60 minute sessions are the perfect solution. In these 60 minute sessions we will discuss and review your personalized program to keep you on track to accomplish your health goals. You may book as many follow-up
Group Grocery Store Tours - up to 10 people (90min)
Learn how navigate your local grocery store, read labels and select health promoting foods, and save money!
Pantry Makeover (90min)
Together, we will go through your pantry, fridge, and freezer and review food labels. You will learn what ingredients are harmful to your health and what you should stay away from. If a food needs to be “swapped’, I’ll help you find healthier alternatives. You will also receive one copy of The Pantry Principle: how to read the label and understand what’s really in your food by Mira Dessy NE to keep for future reference!
Schedule Your Complimentary Strategy Session
Have questions? Please call (716) 712-4623 or email me.